2016 has been an incredible year for Pivot3. We entered January expecting significant growth, and we’re ending the year with a larger, stronger, mature and fiscally-responsible company poised for even greater expansion.
When I reflect on everything we’ve accomplished – an acquisition, funding, exponential customer and revenue growth, several product developments, new partnerships and team expansion at every level – I’m filled with gratitude. We have the best team in the world building the most scalable, robust and flexible HCI solution, and I couldn’t be more grateful for the customers and channel partners who trust Pivot3 to support their most critical applications and workloads.
Here’s some of my top highlights from the past year.
- Welcoming NexGen Storage to the Pivot3 family. Our January acquisition of NexGen Storage was a game changer for Pivot3, and as soon as the dust settled we hit the gas on integrating our two technologies. Their patented Dynamic Quality of Service is truly one of a kind, so you can expect to see this playing a key role as more businesses run multiple applications on HCI.
- Receiving $55 million in new financing. We started the year with big plans, and a new round of funding helped us hit the gas on growth and development.
- Achieving recognition on two significant industry reports. Pivot3 was named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™ for Hyperconverged Infrastructure (CHI) Q3 2016 (check out the report here) and a Visionary in the 2016 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Integrated Systems (report available here).
- Record-breaking growth in Q1, Q2 and Q3 2016 (and Q4 is set to finish strong!). Our revenue, customer and channel growth each quarter has been astounding, and top tech media outlets like TechTarget, eWeek and The Register are taking note. Our executive team also grew as we welcomed two dynamic leaders to the team: Bill Stover as chief financial officer and Jamie Lerner as chief revenue officer.
- Releasing our first joint product following the NexGen acquisition. Mergers and acquisitions can bring confusion and disorder, but our combined teams rolled up their sleeves, kept their eyes on the prize and launched vSTAC SLX in just four months.
- …Followed by even more product announcements. From new QoS features and Cisco UCS compatibility certification to Edge Office, our new HCI solution for SMBs and ROBO environments, our suite of solutions continued to grow and expand.
- Forging new partnerships. From new channel partners to strategic and technology partners, we were proud to link arms with leaders such as Stage2Data, Redington Value Distribution, UltraLevel, Mavenspire, T5 Data Centers, ADAPTURE, and Gotham Technology Group.
- Seeing customers use HCI in innovative ways. Nothing is more exciting than seeing how Pivot3 is being used to help organizations such as Bergen County Sheriff’s Office, Consumers Credit Union, Southern New Hampshire Medical Center plus many others operate more efficiently and have a greater impact.
- Receiving top industry awards. Our awards shelf became a bit heavier this past year with recognition such as:
- Edge Protect – 2016 Money Saving Product by Buildings Magazine
- Edge Protect – 2016 Government Security Award
- Edge Protect – Top 30 Technology Innovation Award by Security Sales & Integration
- Virtual Security Server – Platinum Award, Best Mobile Technology Software Product in the 2016 Homeland Security Awards
- Pivot3 – 2016 Best of Show Award for New and Innovative Product by the Northeast Systems Contractors Expo
- Pivot3 – Converged Infrastructure Vendor of the Year by the Integrator ICT Champion Awards
- Pivot3 – 2016 Hyperconverged Company of the Year by the SVC Awards
- Pivot3 – 2016 Hyperconverged Product of the Year by Storage Magazine
- Connecting with customers at industry events both big and small. Nothing is better than seeing a customer face to face, shaking their hand and having a conversation, and we had plenty of opportunity to do so at conferences such as VMworld US, VMworld Europe, IP EXPO and many regional events across the US and around the globe.
To all who played a role in Pivot3’s success this past year – team members, channel partners, customers and industry colleagues – thank you from the bottom of my heart. The future is looking bright, and I can’t wait to see what 2017 brings.